Skip to main content

School of Choice

Parents of students residing outside our boundaries or currently attending another high school must complete the online School of Choice application if the student would like to attend Simi Valley High School beginning in August 2021. The forms in English and Spanish are available through the district link at right, and the original deadline to submit the application is February 28, 2021. Applications received after that date are put on a waiting list.

During February, which is School of Choice Month,  a virtual school tour will soon be available on our website. Parents and students also have the option of meeting with Principal Dean May via Zoom if they have questions or concerns to discuss  -- call the school (805-577-1400, ext. 6706) or email Office Manager Sharon Klug to request a date and time.

Prospective Pioneer families will want to attend this year's virtual Open House and Student Showcase, which will be held on Wednesday, February 17th beginning at 6pm. The evening will give parents and students information about our superior academics programs, our athletics programs, our clubs, other extracurricular activities, and more.

If you have any questions about the School of Choice application process, please contact Registrar Beth Hankins ( OR 805-577-1400, ext. 6725),

School of Choice Month is February
Interdistrict Transfers Into SVUSD

Parents of students who reside outside of SVUSD boundaries who wish to attend Simi Valley High or another SVUSD school will need to complete an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement. This form must be obtained from and submitted to your local school district of residence for approval to leave your district.  After you have been released from your district, submit the signed Agreement to SVUSD Student Services Office. 

The Ventura County Districts agree that once the Ventura County Districts sign the Agreement for a particular pupil, the district of residence will not be required to sign the Agreement for that pupil for the subsequent 4 school years. By signing the Agreement in Year 1, the district of residence intends to release the student from attendance in that district for 5 school years.

For further information on Interdistrict Permits, contact Shanna Foster in Student Support Services...


805-306-4500, ext. 4324

Hermancolor copy